Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

I could sit here and describe thanks giving to you word by word, but instead I'll just show you what I ate.

First Plate






Second Plate



After the second plate, the turkey got to me and I was too lazy to take any more pictures.  Instead, I attacked the desert table.

Desert Table

Thanksgiving was awesome.  We all came together for a big feast, where individual teams cooked up a variety of different things.  A lot of the regular stuff (Sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, salad, green beans, and turkey...there were ten turkeys), and then an entire table devotes to deserts (pumpkin pie, peacan pie, apple crisp, apple crumble, brownies, and more).  As I've been craving brownies since we left Philly nine weeks ago, I managed to land myself on the brownie making team.  We cooked up four or five trays before coming to the realization that the most popular item for sure, would be brownie batter.  So instead of cooking the last tray, we poured the chocolatey mixture into some tuberware (we made this last batch without eggs) and brought that along with us.

One side of the buffet.

Some of the turkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment