Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Site Placement Interview



After waiting all day for my turn to come, I finally had my site placement interview just as we finished the afternoon language class. You know, I think it went pretty well. I interviewed with Gellany, who is the APCD for the Northern Provinces.  Not sure what his job is exactly, but it includes figuring out where to place volunteers depending on the need of various schools. We spent about 20 minutes or so talking about a variety of things.  He asked what I was looking for in a site, what I wanted to teach, what I wanted to do, what I wanted my living situation to be like (roommates?), and more. I had spent about six weeks thinking about all this prior to our interview, so I had a lot to say.  I told him that I was pretty open to placement anywhere, but was really hoping for electricity.  I also explained that I was very interested in infrastructure engineering projects, wanted to explore what was going on in Mozambique (there is a lot!), and possibly make some international engineering contacts if at all possible.  He seemed pretty receptive to this, but who knows, maybe he was just humoring me.  Either way, I’m excited!

We find out what our sites are on Wednesday, two days from now.  It feels so weird, time has never moved slower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment