Sunday, November 11, 2012

Climbing the Mountain



It’s Sunday, and you know what that means: LAZY DAY! But today was anything but lazy; instead it was active and awesome.  I woke up after five awesome hours of sleep at the awesome hour of 7am with an awesomely upset stomach. I ate an awesome breakfast of awesomely stale bread and an awesomely unripe banana.  The water in my tea was awesomely lukewarm (because I was feeling awesomely lazy and did not want to fully heat up the water) and the artificial creamer that I put in it did its best to resist disintegrating, instead deciding to form an awesomely disgusting clump of fake milk play dough that floated around my tea.  Around 815ish, I was feeling even more awesome, so I decided to go back to bed.

I woke back up around 1030am – still feeling awesome – and began getting ready to carpe diem the crap outta the day.  Ryan, Rafael, Anneke and Anna showed up at my house around 11am, and after a bit of dilly-dallying with mangos and sunscreen we set off on our journey to climb the mountain the overlooks all of Namaacha. On a side note, Ryan and I have been talking about hiking up this mountain for about four weeks now. Since Sunday is the only day that we don’t have class, it’s pretty much the only time we would be able to go on such a long hike.  Unfortunately, since all it ever does here is rain, we’ve had to postpone our plans more than a few times.  But today…today was the day that we were determined to make it happen.

Here are some pictures from the hike:






Stereotypical Brazilian Pose.



No comments:

Post a Comment