Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A few Gross Note from the Beginning of Week 7:

  • It’s funny to look back at the past few weeks and reflect on what I’ve been through, how I’ve changed, and what’s to come.  One thing I remember well that stands out is my tendency to stress out over the language. Meh, it’s kind of unavoidable when you are expected to be fluent just 
  • Mango season just arrived.  In the past, I’ve never really eaten them or been much of a fan.  But here in Mozambique, it’s a different story.  In the past two days I think I’ve eaten about 17.  This fruit is un-freakin-believable.  I’ve never done crack before, but my guess that mango’s taste like crack feels.  That’s gotta be why both are so addicting. Also, I think I remember hearing that doing too much crack gives you diarrhea.  The same thing happens when you do too much mango too.
  • To continue with the bathroom talk, I’ve recently discovered that there is an impending problem with my host-family’s latrine: it’s nearly full.  The level of body fluid that currently resides below the ground is at an uncomfortably high level, barely a foot and a half from the top of the chimney.  It’s bad.  You know how sometimes when you pee in a toilet or stall, a little toilet water will splash out?  Well, that problem isn’t limited to toilet bowls.  If the level of body fluid in a pit latrine reaches a certain level, it can happen there too.  It’s just that what splashes out isn’t really water. Like I said, this is a problem.  We have three more weeks of training left in Namaacha and we don’t have another latrine.  It’s gonna be a long three weeks…

No comments:

Post a Comment