Friday, October 5, 2012

Week 1: Complete


Feelings after completing the first week of training:

-Portuguese is not as hard as I thought.  I’m still learning, and still very much a beginner, but overall the learning style is very familiar to I learning any other romance language which has helped out a ton.

-I love these people.  Seriously, it’s like every single new person I meet just makes me happier and happier with my decision to do this.  Although we all have similar motivations for joining the Peace Corps, everyone has their own unique backstory with such interesting details.  I’m not sure what types of people I expected to encounter, but it certainly wasn’t anything like the people I’ve met.  Wow.

-I have discovered that I can adequately wash, soap, then rinse my entire body, with about 4 liters of water.  That’s like using two of the big bottles of Coke you can get back in the states, and if those bottles were filled with water that was the same color as Coke.

-About that huge spider I mentioned earlier that I saw in the shower on day one...well, I guess it’s kinda possible that might have been a hallucination.  Apparently, visual hallucinations are a side effect of the Malaria Pills they give us.  That and lucid night mares.  FUN!

-I just went to the bathroom and almost stepped on a 5 inch long millipede.  Still getting used to seeing those…

No comments:

Post a Comment